Established in 1977 by its Managing Director, Mr. Paddy Murray, Murray Timber Group has grown to become one of the largest, most progressive and flexible sawmills in Ireland. The company continues to invest in state-of-the-art sawmilling equipment to satisfy customer requirements.
The Group supplies products to the Construction, Garden & Fencing and Packaging markets in both Ireland and the U.K.. The Group currently processes in excess of 500,000M3 of Round Logs annually and employs 135 people directly with many more employed indirectly.
Operating from two central locations, Ballygar Co. Galway and Ballon Co. Carlow, the company has two world class processing facilities capable of processing in excess of 1,000,000M3 of Logs annually.
Our Plants are ideally located to meet domestic and export demand. All our construction timber is Kiln Dried and Graded in accordance with NSAI standards to ensure adherence to specified moisture content regulations, using state-of-the-art drying techniques, then regularised on the planing line and graded to ensure that our timber is of the highest quality to meet our customers’ requirements.COMPANY HISTORY
- 1977 Murray Timber Products Ltd Established by Paddy Murray in Ballygar Co. Galway.
- 1994 Commissioned high production processing facility in Ballygar.
- 1997 Acquired Sawmill in Ballon, Co. Carlow.
- 2000 Commissioned high production processing facility in Ballon.
- 2005 Fire destroyed production plant in Ballygar.
- 2006 Commissioned high speed planer mill in Ballon.
- 2007 Commissioned state-of-the-art sawmill in Ballygar to replace destroyed facility.
- 2008 Commissioned high speed planer mill in Ballygar.
- 2008 Launched Eased Edge product as our standard carcassing material.
- 2008 Launched SNR brand.